If you’re a superhero fan who loves video games, you’ve experienced firsthand how pretty much every title out there – good or bad, remembered or forgotten – does something that’s absolutely, unapologetically WRONG! with its source material. This ebook documents the most egregious – and most hilarious – offenders from the moment Superman flew onto the Atari 2600 in 1978 all the way through 1992, when Konami’s classic X-Men sucked in quarter after quarter in arcades.
NEARLY 80 SUPERHERO GAMES
Some you’ve played. Some you haven’t. And quite a few you never even knew existed in the first place. Some high-/lowlights:
- Purple Dark Knight vs. Green Joker in Batman: The Video Game (NES)
- Proven instances of “slapping a license” on an already-developed game
- Games that stripped Wolverine and He-Man of their most iconic weaponry
- A questionable transportation method for the Man of Steel in Superman (NES)
- A Transformers game from the creator of Pitfall!
- The strangest comic book license ever to hit the Sega Genesis
- The most unnecessary tie-in to a superhero animated series of all time
- The Danger Mouse Trilogy
- That one lonely Thundercats game
ANSWERS TO BURNING QUESTIONS YOU DIDN’T EVEN KNOW TO ASK
- Who is “the Princess Peach of superhero games”?
- Who was the first Marvel character to be featured in three games? And what’s the single gaming appearance he’s had since 1985?
- Which super-character is most consistently misrepresented in games?
- What common superhero gaming feature was pioneered by LJN’s otherwise absolutely horrible X-Men NES game?
- Which hero’s primary gaming nemesis is someone he still has yet to even meet in the comics?
- What do an NES game and a major restaurant chain agree is Wolverine’s favorite food?
- Why is Carnage getting naked on my SNES?!
GAMING PLATFORMS YOU LOVED…OR DIDN’T KNOW EXISTED
Atari 2600 | Intellivision | Commodore 64 | Nintendo Entertainment System | Game Boy | Super NES | Sega Master System | Genesis | Game Gear | Lynx | ZX Spectrum | MSX | PC-DOS | MORE!
YOUR FAVORITE HEROES (AND SOME YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF)
- From Marvel! Spider-Man | Wolverine and the X-Men | Hulk | Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Vision, and a bunch of other Avengers | Punisher | Human Torch and the Thing from the Fantastic Four | Silver Surfer | Howard the Duck
- From DC! Superman | Batman | Flash | Swamp Thing
- From Other Comic Publishers! Conan | Flash Gordon | Judge Dredd | Ex-Mutants
- From Toy Lines and Cartoons! Transformers | Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles | He-Man and the Masters of the Universe | Bartman and Radioactive Man from The Simpsons | G.I. Joe | Danger Mouse | Gobots | Thundercats
- From Commercials! Domino’s Pizza’s Noid | Kool-Aid Man
- From Copyright Infringement! The Amazing Spider-Bat | Baseball Batman
ABOUT THE DUDE WHO WROTE THIS STUFF
With years-long stints at Marvel and LucasArts (you know…home to Star Wars games), Chris Baker has played a role in the release of more than 40 game releases since 2005. To name a few: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Marvel Pinball, Star Wars Battlefront II, LEGO Star Wars II…plus quite a few he’d rather not mention while trying to make himself sound awesome. He also worked in the games press from 1998-2005, most notably as an editor at Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine, where he wrote about hundreds of games.
Hope it helps someone.
Get This Deal Welcome to the Savers Blog! We are a community of savers who like most people, love saving. Here you can read about all the latest and greatest deals out there, share your thoughts on them and share your own deals as well as your ideas. The purpose of the site is to encourage honest advice from genuine consumers and get insight from other people about genuine cheap deals as fake deals are all over the internet these days.while doing that we are supporting ourselves by running a few ads from amazon and other affiliate programmes. Happy Saving :).